The latest news from the world of finance
1. The U.S. Federal Reserve has announced that it will keep interest rates near zero for the foreseeable future. This decision is expected to help support the economic recovery from the coronavirus pandemic.
2. The European Central Bank has announced a new stimulus package worth €750 billion to help support the European economy. The package includes a €500 billion bond-buying program and €250 billion in grants and loans.
3. The Bank of England has cut interest rates to a record low of 0.1%, in an effort to support the UK economy during the coronavirus pandemic.
4. The International Monetary Fund has approved a $5.2 billion loan to help the South African government respond to the economic crisis caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
5. The U.S. Treasury Department has announced a new program to provide up to $500 billion in loans to small businesses affected by the coronavirus pandemic.